WPSL CONFERENCE CALL
June 14th, 2004
PM PDT/7:00 PM MDT/8:00 PM CDT/9:00 PM EDT
- Ajax Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) - Jeff Thomas
Storm (Sacramento, CA) - Jerry
(Denver, CO) - Scott Dedycker
(Golden, CO) ö Debbie Rock
- Elk Grove Pride (Elk Grove, CA) - Frank Vellutini
- Las Vegas
Tabagators (Las Vegas, NV) ö Guy Hobbs
Pride (Millersville, MD) ö
- Massachusetts Stingers (Swansea, MA) ö Raul Reis
Mutiny (Springfield, MA) ö Joe
California Blues (San
Jose-Santa Cruz, CA) ö Cori
Rays (Wakefield, RI) ö James
(Rochester, NY) ö Jami
San Diego WFC
(San Diego, CA) - Lu Snyder
Nighthawks (San Francisco, CA)
ö Jill Lounsbury
- Steel City Sparks (Pittsburgh, PA) ö Chris Quahliero
TEAMS NOT REPRESENTED
California Gold (Escalon, CA) ö Hervi Rualo
East Bay Power
(Orinda, CA) - Ernesto Silva
(Goshen, IN) ö Shek Borkowski
- Grand Rapids Alliance (Grand Rapids, MI) ö Abrahm Shearer
- Houston Stars (Houston, TX) ö Luis Labastida
- Utah Spiders (Salt Lake City, UT) ö Jamie Schock
Simmons ö League Referee Assignor
Stephen Kowalski ö Media Director
- Several missing components of the schedule were worked out, but there are several games that still need to be scheduled and many games that are scheduled, but do not have venues or time information. This information needs to be finalized as soon as possible, as there is not much time left in the season and teams need to make travel arrangements as early as possible to cut travel costs.
- The California Storm have been invited to the Soccer Festival in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The Festival is held July 21st, 23rd, 25 th . It is a high level, publicized event that will include the U.S. U19 National Team and the Mexican, Canadian and Australian National Teams as well as several other high level teams. Jerry Zanelli proposes that the league create an All-Star team to send to the Festival in place of the Storm. Each team would send 1 player (or 2 if needed) to the Festival. The team would bare the cost of travel and the $50 per day per player for food and housing. Teams are asked to notify Jerry Zanelli or Colette Hanlon by Friday, June 18 th if their team can participate.
- Joe Ferrara and Colette Hanlon will come-up with a proposal on how to organize a ãTeam of the Weekä that will help generate publicity for the league.
- In order to be considered for the 2004 Women's Premier Soccer League Championship Tournament, which is to be held July 31 ST ö August 1 st at Folsom High School Stadium in Folsom, California, the remaining balance for your team must be paid in full.
- The Tournament Committee, which consists of Frank Vellutini, Dick Cross, Jerry Zanelli, Jack Wetherson, and Rich Serignese, will conduct their first meeting June 23 rd . A reminder with the details will be sent out to the committee members.
- Media Director, Stephen Kowalski, will be reimbursed, up to $200, for travel expenses.
- Jack Wetherson motions and Joe Ferrara seconds that the league attend the NSCAA Convention in Baltimore, Maryland January 13-15, 2005. The motion carries.
- The Annual General Meeting will be held in Las Vegas, Nevada, November 12-14, 2004. A representative from each team is expected to participate.
Meeting adjourned at 7:05 PM PST.
The next monthly conference call is scheduled for July 12, 2004.
Minutes respectfully submitted.