WPSL CONFERENCE CALL
July 15th, 2004
PM PDT/7:00 PM MDT/8:00 PM CDT/9:00 PM EDT
Storm (Sacramento, CA) - Jerry
(Denver, CO) - Scott Dedycker
- Elk Grove Pride (Elk Grove, CA) - Frank Vellutini
- Las Vegas
Tabagators (Las Vegas, NV) ö Guy Hobbs
- Massachusetts Stingers (Swansea, MA) ö Raul Reis
Mutiny (Springfield, MA) ö Joe
- Rhode Island Rays (Wakefield, RI) ö James Kelly
- San Diego WFC
(San Diego, CA) - Lu Snyder
Nighthawks (San Francisco, CA)
ö Dick Cross
- Steel City Sparks (Pittsburgh, PA) ö Chris Quahliero
- Utah Spiders (Salt Lake City, UT) ö Mark Drown
TEAMS NOT REPRESENTED
- Ajax Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) - Jeff Thomas
California Gold (Escalon, CA) ö Hervi Rualo
- Denver Kickers (Golden, CO) ö Debbie Rock
East Bay Power
(Orinda, CA) - Ernesto Silva
(Goshen, IN) ö Shek Borkowski
- Grand Rapids Alliance (Grand Rapids, MI) ö Abrahm Shearer
- Maryland Pepsi Pride (Millersville, MD) ö Jack Wetherson
- Northern California Blues (San Jose-Santa Cruz, CA) ö Cori Houston
- Rochester Reign (Rochester, NY) ö Jami Dansingburg
- SWC Houston Stars (Houston, TX) ö Luis Labastida
Simmons ö League Referee Assignor
Stephen Kowalski ö League Media Director
- Media Guide ö Teams need to submit roster and bio information ASAP to C. Hanlon.
- The following media are expected to cover the Championship Tournament: NY Times, Fox Sport World, Sacramento Fox affiliate, Soccer America, England Women's Soccer Academy.
- Championship Tournament details:
- The hotel should be squared up by tomorrow.
- A photography studio will take all photos.
- Tailgating will be allowed.
- D. Cross will establish a Media Guide budget.
- Shelters for players on sidelines requested.
- Kathleen Casanave and Dave Simmons will be coordinating the tournament.
- The Denver Kickers are working to finish the season out and fulfill their promises including traveling to Utah.
- Motion by L. Snyder, 2 nd by G. Hobbs to suspend the Central California Gold unless they pay their fees/fines. Voted and unanimously carries. C. Hanlon will write a letter to the Gold informing them of the league's decision due to their blatant disregard for the rules and regulations of the league. J. Zanelli and others commented on the past unreliability of H. Rualo, who although was only a coach for the Gold initially, has become the manager, coach and owner.
- Motion by M. Drown, 2 nd by G. Hobbs to suspend the Northern California Blues unless they pay their fees/fines. Voted and carries unanimously.
- Motion by G. Hobbs, 2 nd by F. Vellutini that the league pays for J. Ferrara's airfare and hotel for the USASA Convention. Voted and carries unanimously.
- The Board agrees to reimburse S. Kowalski for his plane ticket back to California for the Championship Tournament.
Meeting adjourned at 7:18 PM PST.
The next monthly conference call is scheduled for September 8, 2004.
Minutes respectfully submitted.