CALL TO ORDER
Commissioner J. Zanelli called the meeting to order at 6:03 PM PST on Wednesday, October 12, 2005.
Southern California (Los
Angeles, CA) – Brian Boswell
State Select of Massachusetts
(Rockland, MA) – Debbie Gordon
- Boston-North Aztecs (Beverly, MA) Edgar DeLeon
California Storm (Sacramento,
CA) - Jerry Zanelli
- Central Florida Strikers (DeLand, FL) Joe Dalton
- Denver Diamonds (Denver, CO) Marty Gutierrez
- Elk Grove Pride (Elk Grove, CA) - Frank Vellutini
Indiana (Goshen, IN) – Shek
Vegas Tabagators (Las Vegas,
NV) – Guy Hobbs
- Maryland Pride (Baltimore, MD) Skip Chamberlain
England Mutiny (Springfield,
MA) – Joe Ferrara
- Northampton Laurels F.C. (Easton, PA) Andy Salandy
Island Rays (Wakefield, RI) –
- San Diego WFC SeaLions (San Diego, CA) - Lu Snyder
- San Francisco Nighthawks (San Francisco, CA) Jill Lounsbury
- Sonoma County SOL (Santa Rosa, CA) Don Shaffer, Brian Halloran
- St. Louis Archers (OFallon, MO) Chris Sellers
TEAMS NOT REPRESENTED
- Everton FC America (Dallas, TX) Heidi Lansdowne
- Houston Stars (Houston, TX) Luisa Martinez
- Lamorinda East Bay Power (Orinda, CA) Katie Pittman
(Swansea, MA) – Raul Reis
Mexico Thunder (Albuquerque,
NM) – Tami Pacheco
Philadelphia Pirates - David
- Steel City Sparks (Pittsburgh, PA) Chris Quahliero
Spiders (Salt Lake City, UT) –
A. Administration Committee selected by Commissioner J. Zanelli to handle administration issues. Current members are C. Hanlon, L. Snyder, J. Ferrara and J. Zanelli. As more Regional Commissioners are appointed, more members will be added to the committee.
B. USASA has lowered the cost of player registration back to $15/player. However, the league has agreed to continue to charge $16 to help cover handling costs.
C. The December 3-4 AGM will be held in Las Vegas at the Alexis Park Resort & Spa.
- C. Hanlon will email Representatives information on the hotel and how to reserve a room by the end of next week.
D. J. Kelly motions and L. Snyder seconds that the league pay for the AGM travel and hotel costs for Elena Petrey of USSF. Motion carries unanimously. Elena is in charge of International and professional player registrations. She will put on a workshop for the league explaining the registration process and the new pro-loan procedure.
- C. Hanlon will email Elena a formal invitation.
- J. Zanelli will call her personally to invite her as well.
E. Proposed AGM workshops are the following: game day procedures, registration, marketing, sponsors, promotions and trade-outs. All Representatives with knowledge about these subjects will be asked to participate in the workshops.
- Representatives with other workshop subjects to add or workshops they feel they would like to direct are asked to contact C. Hanlon and/or J. Zanelli.
F. The league would like to put more energy into marketing our league this year.
- Representatives with marketing ideas and marketing consultant contacts are asked to bring their proposals to the AGM.
G. The league has been contacted by a few organizations regarding a national television contract and is following up on these leads.
H. Regional Constitution & By-Law changes will be discussed when the regions break into groups at the AGM. Regional issues include but are not limited to: bonds, conflict management and scheduling. Whether or not to require bonds and the amount of the bonds will be decided regionally. Schedules will be done regionally, but must be approved by the National Board. Regions will first try to resolve conflicts within their region themselves and if it cannot be handled regionally, the conflict shall be brought to the National Board.
I. All written proposed changes to the Constitution & By-Laws will be discussed and all straightforward changes will be decided upon during the November conference calls.
- Proposed changes to the Constitution & By-Laws shall be submitted to C. Hanlon before the November 9th conference call.
J. It was proposed that we have a representative from the WUSA at the AGM to discuss the current status and future plans of the professional league.
- J. Zanelli will contact former WPSL team manager and current WUSA Chief Executive Officer Tonya Antonucci to try to set something up.
K. M. Gutierrez motions and J. Lounsbury seconds that the league reimburses J. Ferrara for travel expenses incurred for attending the USASA mid-year meeting. Motion carries unanimously.
L. N. Lips motions and B. Halloran seconds that the league reimburses J. Ferrara for league brochure printing costs. Motion carries unanimously.
- C. Hanlon to send brochures to Sonoma SOL and send address information for the Denver Diamonds, St. Louis Archers, Michigan Phoenix and Las Vegas Tabagators to J. Ferrara so he can send them brochures as well.
M. The Administration Committee will handle the Philadelphia Pirates issue and report back to the league at the next conference call.
N. Emergency national issues will first try to be resolved by electronic voting, but must be ratified by 2/3 of registered teams. The decision would then need to be approved by the majority of registered teams at the next board meeting.
O. Richard Cross & Associates have submitted a proposal to handle the league’s tax preparation, comparative analysis, financial consultation and budget review and projection. The league will vote on whether or not to accept their proposal during the next conference call.
- C. Hanlon to email a copy of the proposal to all representatives.
P. N. Lips motions and E. DeLeon seconds that the league reimburses the Utah Spiders for the referee travel fees paid. Motion carries unanimously.
- C. Hanlon to contact M. Drown, D. Simmons and J. Kennedy regarding the decision.
Q. The league will inform Representatives when information regarding National Cups is received.
Meeting adjourned at 6:58 PM PST.
The next monthly conference call is scheduled for Nov. 9, 2005.
Minutes respectfully submitted.