WPSL CONFERENCE CALL
October 13th, 2004
PM PDT/7:00 PM MDT/8:00 PM CDT/9:00 PM EDT
- Ajax Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) - Jeff Thomas
Storm (Sacramento, CA) - Jerry
- Elk Grove Pride (Elk Grove, CA) - Frank Vellutini
- New England
Mutiny (Springfield, MA) ÷ Joe
- San Diego WFC (San Diego, CA) - Lu Snyder
Nighthawks (San Francisco, CA)
÷ Dick Cross
- Steel City Sparks (Pittsburgh, PA) ÷ Chris Quahliero
- Utah Spiders (Salt Lake City, UT) ÷ Mark Drown
TEAMS NOT REPRESENTED
- Denver Diamonds (Denver, CO) - Scott Dedycker
- East Bay Power
(Orinda, CA) - Ernesto Silva
- Las Vegas Tabagators (Las Vegas, NV) ÷ Guy Hobbs
- *Maryland Pepsi Pride (Millersville, MD) ÷ Jack Wetherson
- *Massachusetts Stingers (Swansea, MA) ÷ Raul Reis
- *Rhode Island Rays (Wakefield, RI) ÷ James Kelly
- Rochester Reign (Rochester, NY) - Jami Dansingburg
- SWC Houston Stars (Houston, TX) ÷ Luis Labastida
- Denver Kickers (Golden, CO) ÷ Craig
- FC Indiana (Goshen, IN) ÷ Shek Borkowski
- Grand Rapids Alliance (Grand Rapids, MI) ÷ Abrahm Shearer
- Central California Gold (Escalon, CA)
- Northern California Blues (San Jose-Santa Cruz, CA)
- Dave Simmons - League Referee Assignor
- Colette Hanlon - Director of Operations
- Toni Sander - Assistant to Director of Operations
*Teams not in good standing
The Northern California Blues have agreed to pay the fine of $1750. Once payment is received. D. Cross will be send a letter stating that they have met all of their financial responsibilities for the Women's Premier Soccer League.
- F. Vellutini motions, L. Snyder seconds that Toni Sander be hired to help C. Hanlon out until at least the end of year at $25/hr. Motion carries.
- Proposed changes to Constitution & Bylaw reviewed, discussed and either moved or tabled for AGM:
- Article 2.4: league admin staff - will be part time, delete and make full time ÷ carries unanimously
- Article 4.5: 5,000 bond - all teams must post, returned at end of year if no forfeit ÷ discuss at AGM
- Law A7: do away with ╬Score' on game balls ÷ J. Thomas suggested discussion of standard for balls at AGM ÷ carries unanimously
- Law A8: substitutions - discuss at AGM
- Law A12: league schedule ÷ carries unanimous
- Law A13: cancellations - clean up wording - carries unanimous
- Law A14: no shows ÷ discuss at AGM
- Law A14.1: non performance of home team ÷ discuss at AGM
- Law B3.1: Min # players ÷ discuss at AGM
- Law C6: Illegal Player - discuss at AGM (take out wording of and/or Ńussf/usasań for discussion at AGM ÷ reg only with league)
- Law D4: Fee (referee payment) - discuss at AGM
- Law B1: Operations Fee ÷ discussion of when the fee ($2000 plus past due balances, not including fines) should be due. Proposal that money should be due at AGM or Dec. or Jan. 1 st . Discuss difficulty with teams paying due to short notice. Propose that each region determine when to pay as long as paid before the schedule is finalized. L. Snyder will email West teams asking for their vote ÷ present teams recommend to West that they have it by AGM.
- Law B6: Game Day Reports - proposed change accepted. Further discussion to make game report 2 sided, backside keeps record of referee contact information. Signed at the end of game, after refs have put in reimbursement info. To be discussed at AGM.
- Law B7: Disbanding ÷ discuss at AGM
- Law C1: Amateur & Professional ÷ unanimously accepted
- Law C5.2: Player Registration ÷ discuss at AGM
- Law F8: Trainer ÷ discuss at AGM
- Law C11: All Star Team ÷ discuss at AGM
- Law B3: Roster ÷ problem is people can load up on players at any time. What about players who are already registered? League controls movement. Concern is players from outside of league. Suggest that player must play 25% of season to be eligible in playoffs. Roster cap? Discuss at AGM
- Referee pay scale change ÷ suggest that this might be decided regionally - discuss at AGM
- Other Discussion items for AGM:
- Territories: J. Zanelli & D. Cross are opposed. Discussion of pros and cons. Suggestion that regions decide.
- How many games should a team play during the season?
- Provisional games vs exhibition games.
- Law A11 - League and regional structures. Also, how do teams get brought into the league?
- Law A13 - Consequence for a team who does not meet the cancellation requirements defined within the law. More clearly defined timeline for receiving the required statements and notices.
- Law A14 - Penalties for forfeits
- Law A16 ÷ Definition of provisional teams, number of games, etc.
- Law B3 - Player loan approvals
- Ratification of minutes - Once distributed, discrepancies need to be addressed within a specified time.
- Discussion that prospective teams need to go to the AGM
Meeting adjourned at 7:25 PM PST.
The next meeting will be the Annual General Meeting in Las Vegas, NV. November 12-14, 2004.
The next monthly conference call is scheduled for December 8, 2004.
Minutes respectfully submitted.